Reflecting on Last year’s Goals
Looking back at previous year’s goals is sometimes just as rewarding as making a list of your goals for the new year! Last year we had our much larger list of goals that we had organized by sections of life on an excel sheet. I can’t say that we reached all of them but overall I was pretty impressed by the number of goals that we did accomplish! Here are just a few things we were able to mark off of our 2017 list of goals and todos!
- We paid off our only credit card!
- Got media chairs for the basement and new chairs for our living room.
- Went on a camping trip and to Disney World with Max!
- Had a total of 10 weddings (our goal was 8-10)
- Finished our classes in The Academy for Wedding Photographers!
- Read multiple AWESOME books! Uninvited, Present Over Perfect, Grace Not Perfection, The Magic of Motherhood, Big Magic, and last but certainly not least The Simplified Life. That may not seem like much to many people but for me that is pretty good! I’m hoping to double that number this year…
Reading at least 12 books. I wish I could make that number higher but I want to make goals that I can achieve so one book a month it is! I am already half way through Of Mess and Moxie and am LOVING it! The Best Yes is next on the list and then I may dive into some teaching and business books! I don’t know about you but I’m not a particularly fast reader. Robert can read two pages.. at least to my one but when I read it is at talking pace. If he talked the speed that he read no one would understand him. Sometimes with business book I end up scanning a little more vs. reading slowly but for the most part it just takes me a little longer.
We have set some big goals for our weddings this year! We have some exciting surprises for our brides and hope to book a few more before wedding season starts back up! We are always striving to grow and learn and have sign up for a few new classes. Life long learning ….always!
Blogging always seems easier this time of the year and then things get busier and the blog gets a little slower. Our goal is AT LEAST once a month (aside from weddings) and hopefully at least two times a month. As for January, we are doing really well so you can expect to see something every Monday! Weddings are always posted on the Tuesday after the wedding!
We have a lot of little goals in place for everyday life. One new habit that we are working to develop is the “5 minute pick up.” This makes a HUGE difference in the overall feel of our home. Picking up doesn’t feel as tedious and everything is so much nicer when things are in their place. We have a few other financial goals as well as fun family goals to check off our list as well!
We are excited to see what all 2018 brings and hope that everyone has a very Happy New Year!