Planning for the New Year for Wedding Photographers
Have you ever sat down to do an end of the year meeting and just didn’t know where to start? No worries, we are here to help you and guide you through each step of the way so that you can have a successful business meeting and begin reaching new heights in the new year! We strongly believe that before you push forward it is always good to have a strong understanding of where you are right now. Below you will find a check list of our step by step tasks for having a successful end of/beginning of year business meeting. Be sure to check out our freebie here that will go into more detail for you as well!
Steps to a Successful Wedding Photographer Planning Meeting
- Gather your supplies
- Find an enjoyable location
- Categorize the areas of your Business & Upcoming Projects
- For us this was: weddings, albums, mastermind, The Graceful Gathering, other educational plans, Branding Sessions etc. We do this first because we then write down and circle our estimated income in each area. This comes in handy later.
- Create Obtainable (simple) goals for each area
- How many weddings do you have booked, how many would you like, how many are totally realistic and how many might be stretching the goal. FIRST set the number that you know you can reach based on passed year, then wright down the BIG goal too. Do this for each section of your business.
- Write down the LARGE todos for your goals as they come to you
- Design a rough draft timeline (quarterly must haves)
- NUMBERS: calculate last year’s numbers, what you have already coming in for this year, and what you project will be coming
- Subtract Your Expenses
- Write out Your Plans on a Yearly Calendar
- Flush out Your todo list based on your plans
Be ready to brain dump when you first begin. We had chicken scratch type notes all over the place. It isn’t a must do in this order list but be sure to write down all of your ideas, give them an order and timeframe of when you can accomplish them then dive into your numbers!
WHO ARE WE
The Cannons Photography are husband and wife wedding photographers and educators for kindhearted and joyful couples & photographers. We love serving and creating a timeless experience in Ohio, and beyond! We are the hosts of The Graceful Gathering a styled boutique conference for kindhearted wedding photographers.