Why hire a custom wedding stationery designer?
It’s more than just a pretty design.
As wedding photographers we love photographing gorgeous details. We would love for you to learn more about hiring a custom wedding stationery designer today! Check out this amazing post from Christa and Lauren of Berries and Blooms. First, here they are below and then some of their gorgeous details!
You’re ready to send out your wedding invites…great! This leads you to a crossroads of two choices:
do you handle the process yourself with an online template, or, hire a designer? The obstacle with
wedding stationery is until you’re in the heart of it, you don’t know what you don’t know! There’s an
abundance of options, details and confusing etiquette “rules” that tag along with wedding invitations.
A custom wedding stationer serves as an instant headache remover – and who doesn’t need that
amidst all of the other planning details?! Consider these 3 reasons on why a custom designer should
be a top priority when booking your dream vendor team:
1. They’ll create personalized and unique keepsakes
– Wedding invites are the first taste of your wedding that guests receive, so make sure
they speak to both you as a couple and your wedding…which is much more than just
a sprig of eucalyptus with a generic script font! Custom stationers offer custom
illustrations, high-end printing techniques, specialty papers and unique add-ons (like
wax seals, tied ribbons, etc.) for an invitation suite that you and your guests will
– Unlike online templates, custom designed stationery is personal to you and can
incorporate a plethora of meaningful details – for example, you both love the
architecture of the building you got engaged at? Great! That artistic element can
seamlessly weave into the design of your wedding stationery for a detail that’s
unique and special to the both of you.
– Your wedding invites are one of the only goods that will last throughout time. You can
pull them out for years to come to show your kids and grandkids. And we all know
there’s nothing more nostalgic then paper in today’s world of digital communication.
2. They’ll handle the content management
– The schedule of when to send out your Save the Dates and Invitations is important!
A Custom stationer will guide you through those dates to make sure each piece goes
out at the right time for your guest list and location to guarantee you’re not
scrambling last minute with RSVP’s.
– For a smooth and stress-free wedding day your guests need to know more than just
the time and location of your wedding. The last thing you need is to be answering
phone calls right and left to address relatives’ questions that could have been
addressed within the invitation suite. A good custom wedding stationer will evaluate
your guest list (including where guests are traveling from), order of events, venue
atmosphere (should guests bring a jacket or be aware of wearing stilettos on the
cobblestone pathway?) and more.
– You have to know the rules to break them; custom stationers know the ins and outs
of wording etiquette and can advise you on how to properly word everything for the
formalness of your event – including guests’ names on envelopes!
3. You’ll have peace of mind
– Custom stationers are BFF’s with the post office and know exactly how much
postage to get, how to handle hand-cancelling and how to make sure your invites
arrive to guests undamaged, crinkle-free and in great condition!
– You can rest assured that no detail has been overlooked, your guests have every
piece of information they need and you’re set-up for a smooth wedding day.
– The coordination of picking paper stocks, making sure your artwork is in the right
format for printing, reviewing print proofs and hassling with shipping has been
handled! You can get back to enjoying your engagement with your soon-to-be
– You won’t need to spend countless hours meticulously assembling each invitation
suite and licking hundreds of envelopes – amen!
In one of the most exciting, yet busy and stressful, times in your life, consider custom stationery to
lay the proper foundation for a perfect and smooth wedding day. Not only will you know your
designer by first name and have the ease of knowing your stationery is being handled with the
utmost care, but you’ll end the process with truly special keepsakes that represent one of the most
special days of your life.
Looking for a Custom Wedding Stationer? Check out Berries & Blooms Studio – a Northeast Ohio
based company specializing in bespoke wedding design including wedding branding, stationery and
day-of signage for the modern and design-conscious couple. Berriesandbloomsstudio.com