Bringing your Dog to Your Engagement Session or Wedding
Engagement Sessions and Your Dog
Can I tell you a little secret about me and dogs? I was never a dog person. When I was 3 I was bit by one that ran across the street and tackled me down. I had no idea it was coming and did nothing to him to provoke it. So needless to say I spent all of my childhood convinced that sweet doggies were not all that sweet. I’m happy to say that my mind has been changed and I’m all about the pups big and little, especially when they are part of YOU and your family. So we encourage you to bring them along for your session. They tend to make for the best snuggles and the biggest smiles!
Here are a few tips for bringing a dog to your engagement session:
- Have someone come with you that the dog knows and is comfortable with.
- We will likely start with photos with your dog first. Then he/she can stay with your dog buddy that you bring along while you have the rest of your images taken.
- This rule works well for little kids and for dogs. When we are trying to get that classic shot of everyone looking at the camera you keep looking and we will call the dog’s name/ make all the noises etc. As long as you continue to look we will get the shot!
- Bring treats or something to encourage them!
Your Dog on Your Wedding Day
Here are a few tips for bringing a dog on your wedding day!
- Accessorize your dog for the occasion. Whether it is a floral crown or a bow tie collar simple accessories really complete the look!
- Once again have someone to help care for your dog. There are actually businesses who specialize in caring for animals on WEDDING DAYS. Reach out and we can connect you with them!
- Once again, don’t forget a few encouraging treats or a favorite distraction.
We can’t wait to capture you and your furry friends! Feel free to reach out with any questions as always!
THE CANNONS PHOTOGRAPHY : Ohio Wedding Photographers
The Cannons Photography is a husband and wife wedding photographer team in Ohio. They capture bright, clean, and timeless images for kindhearted and joyful couples. They specialize in a boutique wedding photographer experience and love to get to know their couples. They are located in Northeast Ohio but travel to all of Ohio and beyond.