What’s In Our Camera Bag?
Ohio Wedding Photographers The Cannons Photography
If you’re new to the blog, we are Ohio Wedding Photographers Courtney and Robert Cannon, also known as The Cannons! We are not only photographers, we are also educators serving photographers from all over. Today, I’m sharing a little knowledge about what is in our camera bag.
- Canon EOS R6 – The new Canon R6 camera body has been a game changer for me (Courtney). While it’s taken a handful of sessions for me to really feel 100% confident with it, it has allowed us to approach our work in ways that we have never imagined.
- 85mm 1.2L – Canon’s 85mm 1.2L is absolutely my go-to lens. Whenever I have enough room to move about while shooting at this focal length, it is likely on my camera! The only time you will not see it is during family formals, the ceremony, details, and in tight getting ready spaces. If we are doing portraits you can bet I will be using my 85mm.
- 100mm 2.8L Macro – The Canon 100mm macro lens is my absolute favorite for ring shots! You can expect to see it come out any time I’m shooting those wedding and engagement rings, and sometimes I even use it for ceremonies to get closer to my subject without moving in.
- Sigma Art 35mm 1.4 – Our Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art Series lens is a go-to lens in small locations, the ceremony processional, and family formals. It allows us to really fit a lot in our frame while still remaining close to our subjects.
- Canon 5D mark IIIs – Having recently added the Canon R6, our Canon EOS 5D MarkIIIs have become one of our back up cameras, but also Robert’s main camera. Soon, he’ll be upgrading to the R6 and we cannot wait, but we have loved our Mark IIIs while we’ve had them.
- Canon 50mm 1.2L – Even though this tends to be a favorite lens for other photographers, our Canon 50mm 1.2L lens does not get used to nearly as much as our other lenses. To be honest, we really only use it when Robert needs something wider than his 70 to 200 when I have the 35mm on my camera body.
- Canon 70-200mm 2.8 – Robert’s go-to lens is our Canon 70-200mm lens. It allows him to stay back of the room or event space but still get lots of variety, both close up and far away! Unless he is in a small room for getting ready you will almost always see this lens on his camera.
- Yongnuo Flashes – Finally, we use Yongnuo flashes. You will most often see a flash on our camera when it gets dark. For example, we often use them during the wedding reception. On occasion we have to use it during a processional if the ceremony is taking place in a dark church.
You can find affiliate links below for items and products we use that have really helped us in our business. If you end up buying anything from this list, We’d love to hear from you and see what you think of your new piece of equipment!
Should you be interested in more information about the education offered from Ohio Wedding Photographers The Cannons, please reach out here!